Van & Minibus Rentals + 61 7 3252 8311


Frequently Asked Questions – Entrans

Why should I use Entrans?
Entrans is a family owned business based in Brisbane with a depot in Sydney,
we pride ourselves on the presentation and reliability of our vehicles and
trailers. We also specialise in one way hires, please submit quote form for costing, vehicles can be placed and retrieved from locations on Australias East Coast. (Conditions apply and subject to Relocation Charges – ask for a Quote).

How long has Entrans been in business?
Entrans was established in 1990 with the primary aim of helping the
entertainment industry by providing people movers and fully enclosed
trailers to meet the unique requirements of the entertainment industry.
We have expanded into other areas such as schools, larger family groups, sporting groups, school,
corporate, tourism and community groups who take advantage of our
flexibility in vehicle configuration. Our vehicles are regularly seen and
used at most major musical, school, sporting, corporate and community events.

What are your hours and days of operation?
Monday – Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
Saturdays & Sundays – pre-arranged appointment

How do I reserve a vehicle?
A minimum non-refundable deposit of $100 is required at the time of booking
to secure the vehicle. The deposit is deducted from the cost of the hire, it
can be paid by cash, Direct Funds Transfer or credit card, balance of payment is required prior to receiving vehicle and signing contract.

What is your cancellation policy?
The deposit of $100 is forfeited and if cancelled within 3 days of due
departure date, the cost of entire hire may be forfeited by the hirer, this
is at Entrans management’s discretion. All costs and fees are at
management’s discretion and are subject to change without notice.

What are your payment terms?
All payments are at or prior to the commencement of hire.

How can I pay?
Preferred payment are by Cash, Direct Funds Transfer, Eftpos or Credit Card
Bankcard, MasterCard, Visa, all others cards attract a surcharge. (Amex & Diners Club)

What security or bond is needed?
It is a requirement of our Insurers that a valid credit card with adequate available
funds to cover the Insurance excess chosen be provided on all hires and must be
provided prior to the commencement of the hire. A swipe of your Credit Card is taken and the voucher must be signed by the card holder.

Do you take cash bonds?

How do you charge, rental duration?
All rentals are based on 24 hour periods, so if you picked up at 9.00am
today and needed the vehicle for one day it must be returned by 9.00am
tomorrow and so on.
Unless prior arrangements are made, 33% of hire fee is charged per hour up to 3 hours then another full day is charged.You are also liable for extra CDW reduction costs for the extra day or part there of.

When can I pick up and return a vehicle?
Pickups and returns are during office hours, any vehicle returned outside of
office hours will be charged until the next open business day and is still
the responsibility of the renter until checked in by our staff.

Are there any age restrictions on who can drive the vehicle?
Yes, all drivers must be a minimum of 25 years old or older and be in
possession of a full open drivers licence. Drivers 21-25 years old are accepted, extra costs and specific Insurers Terms and Conditions apply, please advise on quotation request. Acceptance is totally at management’s discretion.

Do you do one way rentals?
Yes, for one way rentals a relocation fee applies, quotation available on

Are the vehicles clean, in good condition and regularly serviced?
Our vehicles are serviced regularly by ourselves and our preferred
contractors and will always leave our depot clean and tidy.

What do I do if a vehicle breaks down or if I have an accident?
In the unlikely event that one of our vehicles has a problem, Entrans has 24
hour roadside assistance service in every state and territory in Australia.

What is not covered by 24 hour roadside assistance?
Driver error issues such as keys broken, lost or locked in the vehicle, flat
battery due to headlights or interior lights, radio etc being left on,
repairs as a result of contaminated or poor quality fuel. Running out of fuel. These costs are
the responsibility of the hirer and are to be settled prior to and or on return.

How much cargo can each type or vehicle or trailer carry?
Weights are not to exceed the manufacturers specifications for each vehicle
type, figures are available on request. The buses and people movers are not cargo carriers and we not allow them to be used as such.

Are they manual or automatic?
All our vehicles come in both automatic and manual transmission models. Check on
availability at your location.

Can I change my itinerary during my trip?
Yes you can if space permits, but you will need to notify Entrans within a
reasonable amount of time so that we can make logistical changes if needed.

Do I need a special licence to drive any of the vehicles?
No, vehicles up to 12 seats may be driven on a normal car licence. 14 Seat configurations require a licence to suit.

Do you have insurance on the vehicles and trailers?
All vehicles are covered by insurance and are specific to your contract conditions.

What isn’t covered by insurance?
The hirer is responsible for all overhead and undercarriage damage, all
glass including windscreens, headlights, mirrors and side glass. interior, water
damage, all tyre damage and malicious damage. Please consult Entrans and your Terms and Conditions as well.

Can you supply a driver or tour guide?
We can supply a driver, quotation and availability is available on request.

Can you supply maps?
We have street directories to cover all capital cities on the east coast,
some other maps and guides are available. We also have GPS available at a small cost.

What’s the fuel consumption of each vehicle like?
How long is a piece of string? there are a lot of contributing factors with
fuel usage in our vehicles, e.g. weight, road conditions, towing, driver
experience and habits, a poor combination of all the above only makes the
oil companies profits better.

Can I take the vehicles off-road on dirt tracks?
Definitely not, you and any authorised driver must only use the vehicle on a
surface that is sealed and which is not in an area or in a use described in
the rental conditions on the rental agreement. Your Insurance is VOID if you take the vehicles off any sealed surface. Short driveways are fine. Please enquire with us if you are unsure about part of your trip

Who is responsible for fines?
All speeding, parking and toll-way fines will be passed on to the renter, an
additional administration processing fee will apply. It is advisable to pre-register the vehicle against you Credit Card for Tolls. Please ensure that you have enough credit in your card for a couple of months following to cover the late Tolls that come in. If the is no Credit in your Card, the Tolls are passed pack to us and then they are Stat Dec’d over to the hirer, and Administration Fee still applies.